BY WAY OF INTRODUCTION

Who is this guy?  

    As this is my first post, I suppose I should start by way of introduction. Realms of Endless Day is run by Ian Laird (that's me). As my social media bios say, I'm a graphic designer, music producer, artist, musician, dungeon master, recruiter, and as of last week, a college graduate (in case you're wondering, I have a Bachelor of Science in Theology - wild, I know).

    Realms of Endless Day, a name I ripped from an old hymn because it sounded awesome, is my place to post and share content I create and support related to Dungeons and Dragons and numerous other nerdy tabletop roleplaying games. I've been in the hobby for three years now, but growing up I was exploring and creating fantasy maps, characters, countries, and tales for years before I ever heard of playing in them as a game.

My Inspirations

My Gygaxian "appendix N" includes:

Classics like Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, The Simarillion, and more, C.S. Lewis's Chronicles of Narnia, the tales and mysteries of the Bible, the sci-fi takes of Star Wars, Star Trek, and others.

More modern or less widespread universes like Greg Farshtey's LEGO Bionicle work (a shockingly deep mythos), K. A. Applegate's Animorphs, the pseudonymous Erin Hunter's Warriors, Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson adaptations of Greek mythology, and surely more.

More recently the films of Ari Aster and Christopher Nolan have become favorites, as well as podcasts like Dungeons and Daddies, Critical Role, Dimension 20, and Ain't Slayed Nobody which have given me more TTRPG-specific ideas.

Personal shout-outs are certainly due to the game masters I call friends, the friends that make me a game master, TTRPG creators that have been friends to me (the great Drew Cochran of Agnvs Dei Studios, creator of The Epic of Dreams, and Derek Bizier of Halfling's Hoard among them).

Above all, I give thanks to my Creator, and of course to my parents, and especially the music and radioplays of my father, which to me will always be legendary.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHERE THE SIDEWALK ENDS - A CAMPAIGN INTRO

THE CRYPTIDS OF THIS GENERATION